Decisions, decisions
If anyone happens to come across this post in the next couple of weeks, I need your advice. I've never been shy about proclaiming my love and admiration for rocker Rick Springfield (appearing on four episodes of Showtime's Californication this fall!). But I have never mentioned my affinity for KISS (BTW, have you seen Family Jewels on A&E - awesome), which, like Rick, has been a part of my life since childhood; and while I would probably never fly to Vegas just to see them, I would happily drive to Birmingham to take Monkey to his first KISS concert. Bonus for me since it's been well over a decade since I've been to one of their concerts. He's already said how much he would like to see them, and I would love to be able to introduce him to the madness. Which is exactly what I was planning to do in October when they appear in what looks to be a really good venue with great seats all around. But today I learned that Rick will be playing in Montgomery on the same night! What to do, what to do?!
Some facts to consider: Monkey and I are seeing Rick play in a couple of weeks in Tennessee, and KISS does play in Atlanta two nights after the Birmingham show, but I think I'd prefer the Birmingham venue (looks to be a little more intimate with better views from the cheaper seats). I also hate driving in downtown Atlanta, but at least I have been to that venue before, and I really hate driving in unfamiliar territory (which is what Birmingham is for me, even though I've been there a thousand times), especially at night. Also important to note - there are no other southern dates on Rick's touring calendar for the moment. Of course, that could change at any time, but there are no guarantees, and I'd hate to miss what could be my last chance to see his show for several months.
So, Blogosphere, what do I do? No need to comment on my irrational obsession with Rick. That's already been well-established and nothing will change it, so let's move on. Saturday night with Rick or KISS? Which would you choose?
2 Comments:
Sorry to not get to you sooner! I would have voted for KISS. After all, you'd be seeing Rick shortly anyway, and it's Monkey's first KISS concert and all.
What did you pick?
Hey! Thanks for voting. :) I couldn't help myself. I chose both. Rick on Saturday night, and KISS on Monday night in Atlanta. Soon after, Rick announced two Nashville shows next February. Figures. Oh, well. I'll suffer through somehow. :)
Hope all went well with your move and you're enjoying being back out West.
Post a Comment
<< Home