haphazard head-trip

Welcome to my world. I'm Smithee - full-time mother, high school English teacher, wannabe writer. This is where I rant and rave about the world. Feel free to do the same.

Friday, June 19, 2009

There Is a Light

It is faint, but I can see it. Exactly one week from today, I will be through with this Master's program! Of course, that is dependent on me getting A LOT of work done this weekend, so I really shouldn't be counting those chickens just yet. But it amazes me that one year ago, I was just starting down this long and exhausting road. Last year at this time we had a class with some people who were finishing, and it seemed so far away for us. They were telling us how lucky we were to be taking certain classes first and getting them out of the way. This month, our English class has some people who are just starting down this same road. Another person from my cohort and I were telling them the same thing we were being told last year. Talk about your deja vu.

It's been non-stop since last June. It's gone by really quickly and really slowly, if that makes any sense. Always some assignment hanging over my head. A million other things going on at the same time. So many things to think about. So many things to do. I'm not sure I'm going to know what to do next school year when I don't have my own homework assignments to complete. Starting next month, I'll be able to read books of my own choosing again. I won't even know where to start.

Next up: Specialist's degree. Someday.

2 Comments:

At June 23, 2009 4:27 PM, Blogger River Driver said...

Congratulations!

 
At August 19, 2009 11:16 AM, Blogger Rach said...

Hi, it's been the longest time since i came by here. My blog had all but died! now i'm determined to start it up again, but i have kinda lost the inspiration, so i've been re-visiting all my old regular blogs to rekindle the writing bug.

I"m so pleased to see you still here, and still going. Good luck with the end of your masters...although actually, thinking about it you're probably done with that now! I hope it all went ok and that your summer has been awesome!!!!

take care

Rach

 

Post a Comment

<< Home