haphazard head-trip

Welcome to my world. I'm Smithee - full-time mother, high school English teacher, wannabe writer. This is where I rant and rave about the world. Feel free to do the same.

Monday, July 14, 2008

Hey, is this thing on?

Well, look at that! This thing still works. Who knew?

If I'm writing here, it must mean I have something else I'm supposed to be doing, and I need an excuse to procrastinate. So much has happened in the year plus (!) that I've written here. Let's see...I got a year older; I met Rick Springfield; Monkey got on stage to sing with Rick; I did finally grade those research papers and I didn't get fired; I read all the Harry Potter books; I got an actual classroom (trailer, classroom, tomato, tohmahto) instead of having to float; I started a Master's Degree program; I was asked to be one of the advisors for the school's award-winning yearbook program; and I got highlights in my hair for the first time ever. Doesn't it sound like I've been too busy to write? No, I didn't think so.

I really would like to get into all of these things because I do actually have something to say about them. But, alas, I have three papers to write in one week for one of my graduate classes. Again, it's partly my own fault that I haven't done most of the work before now. But I choose to believe that it's mostly the teacher's fault for not cutting down on the assignments when a 16 week class was made into an 8 week class. Bitter, table for one.

At any rate, I must finish at least one paper before morning, so I will make my usual promise of trying to stop by here more often. Who'd like to take bets on how long that will last?

See you next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home