I Never Thought It Would Happen...
but the Dooce made me cry! She made me laugh, too, like she always does. But today, she brought tears of another kind to my eyes. Am I wrong, or is it incredibly amazing that with as many people as there are on the planet, with as many different kinds of personalities, interests, temperaments, lifestyles, etc., that being a parent can stir up such similar emotions among us? I know exactly how she feels about her daughter, because it's the same love I feel for my son. I just can't put it into words as eloquently as she does. All I can come up with are the tired cliches about throwing myself in front of a train to save his life if I needed to. The joy he brings to my life is indescribable with my limited writing skills. But the Dooce does a great job of saying what I can't. Read her post. Even if you don't have kids, I'm sure you'll enjoy it. And the pictures are adorable.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home